Saturday, August 16, 2014

Vacation at the U.P.

      Sure, one BIG reason we came to the Upper Peninsula was for the Ore-2-Shore, but we also came to have some vacation time. WAIT! Before I get into vacation, let me tell you some OUTRAGEOUS news. Bella Rose, my dog I got for my 6th birthday, had PUPPIES about a week before we were gonna travel up to the U.P., we decided to take them with us. Now they are about three weeks old, with eyes open, their personalities are beginning to draw out on their blank slates!!! There are SEVEN puppies, six girls and, get this, one boy. 



   
ISN'T THAT THE MOST ADORABLE THING EVER??? 
So that's the scoop.

      Anyway, back to the vacation. We decided to camp at a campground that had waterfalls and beaches close by so we could hit two birds with one stone. First we were at Otter Lake Campground from August sixth to the tenth(speaking of between the sixth and the tenth, the seventh was Dad's birthday. So for his little present, I took Mei with me up to the campground office with my wallet, the office had nice little things in there like...ice cream. When we came back, I handed Dad my present, a Choco Taco. It was a nice little birthday treat). Then it was the Ore-2-Shore, which took a lot out out of me, but afterwards, we went to the beach, which was basically my shower at the moment. But soon we decided to switch camps. 
      Next thing we know we are at Perkins Park unloading our things. Pretty soon we became friends with our neighbors which lived in Marquette. There was John, Jill, and their son, Izzy, which we spent a night hanging out with while the parents talked around the fire. Wherever there was a waterfall, there was a hiking trail to the it, so Meilee and I found walking sticks and ran ahead while Mom and Dad stayed behind talking. This year we decided to visit waterfalls that we haven't been to, so there was a lot of variety in the scenery, but every one we went to we were able to walk in. Then, at the end of the day we would sit around the fire and make s'mores or talk about our favorite part of the day. Pretty soon it was time to leave the U.P., so we said our byes to our neighbors and we were back on the road for another thirteen hours. I really loved being in the U.P., the scenery was awesome, it was really great meeting and making friends, and above all, spending some quality time with my family.
CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!!!   XD




-Avery






No comments: