Saturday, May 24, 2014

Helping at Field Day

     In the morning, I got dressed and filled some powdered Gatorade into my bottle with water and went out the door by 7:25 so Megan(my big sis) could drive me to school. I had been picked to come down to school early to help with setting up field day with some other friends that were chosen. When Megan and I got to school, we waited in the lobby of the school. Soon, I spotted Abby, one of my classmates that were chosen, come around the corner. We said hi and asked her what were we supposed to do. We had to take the field day items and bring them out to the field. The grass was wet and soaked my feet in minutes of carrying items out to the field and coming back for more.
      After Megan brought out a few items, I told her to tell Mr. W, our gym teacher, she was here helping and stuff.  In the meantime, me and Abby finished carrying out the stuff and were helping Charles(another classmate in my class, chosen to help)fill water balloons for the water balloon toss. FINALLY I figured out how to fill the water balloons. So Abby, Charles, I and Iook turns. For some reason, after Abby's first few water balloons she filled, she got little bubbles in the part when she tied her water balloons, so Charles and I joked that every balloon she tied was cursed, either had a hole or a water bubble(it was true). Which got us a bit drizzled when Abby's turn came up to fill a water balloon. But Abby wasn't the only one that was cursed, after Charles tied the balloons and gently plopped them down in the bucket we used to put the water balloons in, they popped, which ticked him off cuz it takes a bit to put the water balloons together.
      Whenever Abby got bored, she checked the bucket for 'Midget' water balloons, or the runts. So when she found ones that were to small, she would(it was usually Charles's balloons)take it and throw it against the wall we were working by(it was like a paint balloon that didn't have paint). After the first bucket was filled Mr. W got us a second bucket to fill. Pretty soon we had more water than water balloons in the bucket, for Charles kept accidentally popping them. Finally we were finished with the second bucket of water balloons. When Mr. W came to see how we were doing, he had a bag full of Trident gum, and let us pick two packs for helping out with field day. We said thanks and went to class, it was really fun helping out with field day. Abby, Charles, and I were proud to say that we set up everything for field day. Yes, this was one field day to remember(almost forgot, Megan went home and got ready to volunteer helping for field day, she gave out third place ribbons).


Your Zany Mountain Biking Girl,      :P


– Avery

No comments: