Saturday, June 1, 2013

Moving along people.

      It's been four races already! The year seems to be moving along. So far I've done; Yankee Springs, Pontiac Lake, Island Lake, & Stony Creek MARATHON.

  1. Yankee Springs, was a fun twisty-turny trail. It was the 1st race of 2013! I was a bit rusty, because the last race I did was the Iceman, last year in November. I earned a 3rd place medal.
  2. Pontiac Lake was next up. Another fun twisty-turny trail. It rained the entire time I raced! Super muddy! I barely had any gears to use because of the mud. It was also the most muddiest race I've ever done. A hard earned 1st place medal was my reward.
  3. Island Lake, Momentum trail... Built for EXTREME speed. This was a pretty fast race! I hit a max speed of 28mph... I earned a 1st place medal. Hard work, hard earned.
  4. Stony Creek MARATHON, was a fun & hard trail. Stony is twisty-turny & you NEVER know what's gonna come up next, so be alert on that trail!!! This was my first SOLO race of the year. No chaperoning for this girl!I collected a 2nd place medal, almost had 1st place in my grasp! 7 minutes away from my opponent.

      So, that's the scoop. Make sure to check back on my recent updates!!!
Thanks for supporting my efforts!!!


-Avery Evans

No comments: